Woodhouse Park Activity Centre will be reopening as a safe outdoor space for groups to meet during evenings and weekends as part of their programme. There will be four fields available for booking on the centre with parking in the main car park.
Fields will be free for individual sections of Avon Scouts, other groups will have to pay a small fee.
For the time being, the site will be run differently, by a volunteer service team who will assist during centre opening times as well as carrying out general maintenance. Read more about the team here.
The four fields that will be available are (view map):
- Avon Field (opposite the Lovell Centre).
- Trym Field (next to Training Centre)
- Frome Field (next to the archery range) The archery range is now a bookable separately.
- Yeo Field (far end of the site on the right of the track).
- Severn Field (bottom of the site), car parking at the entrance of the field.
Car parking for all the fields is now in the main car park.
- There is limited tap water available (only in the Avon, Trym and Frome fields)
- There is no rubbish or recycling collection – take your rubbish home with you.
- The toilet block by the top of the Avon field is available for use by groups.
- Activities can be booked separately.
- Altar Fires are only permitted on Avon and Frome fields and can be booked here.
- Archery is now a bookable activity and needs to be booked separately.
- Groups should complete normal activity notifications and adhere to their Group’s Covid-19 risk assessment.
- Numbers attending must comply with the Scout Association requirements on that date.
- Hand sanitiser / water is available at various points around the site and in the toilet block.
- There will be QR codes onsite to register for NHS track and trace.
- Full Woodhouse Park user risk assessment is available here.